Thursday, December 14, 2017

Abner Chou - I Saw The Lord

I have a very full plate of books to read. Often two or three going at one time. It doesn't help that I have mild ADD and no formal Seminary training. Many of the books I read are a challenge for me. But I have a voracious appetite and desire to understand things which I probably never quite will, at least this side of glory.

I like Abner Chou's material. He thinks and talks fast, which is a burden if you're like me. But it helps put me into higher gear, and to focus better. His book "I Saw The Lord - A Biblical Theology of Vision" was advertised in one of The Master's Seminary Journals and I've debated buying it for some time. I finally bit the bullet.

Here's the blurb from the back:
The Visions Of Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Paul, and John have captivated the people of God. Could it be that we are drawn to these spectacular passages because they are all different angles of the same eschatological event? This study explores the visions of these writers as they relate to their individual theology in light of the possibility that these writers saw different facets of the climax of history when the Son receives all glory.
To date, I've only skimmed some sections, especially the one dealing with Revelation. One doesn't have to necessarily agree on all points to profit from Abner's book. I'm looking forward to giving it more time soon. Sadly, this book hasn't been advertised well, and will likely fly under the radar.

P.S. Plenty of informative Footnotes and nine pages of Bibliography.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow are you planning to review it?

Alf Cengia said...

I'll review it some time early 2018. Can't wait to get into it.