Monday, July 20, 2020

Commentaries on Revelation

You can read Dr Paul Henebury's Personal Thoughts about Commentaries on Revelation HERE One of the commentaries mentioned is a new one by Buist Fanning. I was sufficiently interested that, when I was graciously gifted with some money, I bought it on Amazon.

Buist M. Fanning III – A new and impressive premillennial work with great exegesis. Tries to please everyone and dabbles in idealism, but still good. 600+ pages, but needed more. ~ Dr. Henebury

There's a fuller review of it HERE Excerpt:
It seems strange to describe a 600+ commentary as brief, but this only in comparison to the mammoth commentaries from Aune and Beale. Fanning’s contribution is worth consulting, especially as a representative of a future-orientated commentary on Revelation. ~ P. J. Long
I might add that many of the pages are double column. There's a lot there to digest.

Incidentally when I Googled Dr Fanning's Commentary I came across a website called pretribulationism-dot-com. In fact the site is an extension of Eschatos Ministries - a website dedicated to promoting the prewrath rapture and debunking pretribulationism. I guess pretribulationism-dot-com functions as "clickbait" for attracting pretribbers. Nevertheless, I'd like to thank the webmaster for promoting an excellent commentary on Revelation which takes a firm premillennial and pretribulational position.

No comments: