Friday, January 24, 2020

A Story of Eschatological Readiness

From the Cripplegate:

Christians look forward to the return of Jesus Christ and his restoration of all things. The consummation of history is the reason for the great hope that we have who trust in the Person and work of Christ. Writing near his death, the apostle Paul said, “[I]n the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing” (2 Tim. 4:8). Christians love the future appearing of their Lord. The Jesus of the Bible will bring an end to sin, suffering, death, and disappointment one day. This is reality for all who have surrendered in faith to Christ.

I am always encouraged by people whose lives tangibly reflect the future we have in Christ. It nudges me to put my chin up and hold current troubles in perspective. I want to tell you a story of an acquaintance who held that future hope of Christ in a, perhaps, comical-convicting reality. The following story is real...keep reading

No comments: