Saturday, January 5, 2019

Some Miscellaneous Posts: Israel-Church, Rapture Wars, Reformed Eschatology

From Paul Henebury: A Response to Some Questions About Israel & the Church

A lot of my friends, myself included, are tired of the constant jabs against pretribulationism. Yes, there are bad examples from all sides. However, some have made it their mission statement to actively push their systems down people's throats - presumably, in order to save pretribbers from this dangerous demon-doctrine. For example:
If you’re a pastor that’s not preparing his people to face potentially the Antichrist and the Great Tribulation in that hour simply because your denomination teaches it [pretrib], personally I feel like you’re failing in your role as a shepherd and a pastor.” 
I've spoken about this before. More thoughts HERE 

I love reading the Puritans and Reformers. Everyone ought to read them. I just wish they'd stop citing OT verses relating to Israel and applying them to the church. I have this fantasy where some of my favorite modern Reformed preachers rethink their amillennialism and Reform their eschatology

No comments: