Saturday, February 1, 2020

95 Theses Against Dispensationalism & A Response (Redux)

The Ninety-Five Theses Against Dispensationalism
Disputation of NiceneCouncil.com On
The Power and Efficacy of Dispensationalism
-or-
The Ninety-Five Theses Against Dispensationalism
By Ken Gentry and Jerry Johnson

Sounds pretty serious, doesn't it? Every once in a while I like to re-post Dr Paul Henebury's detailed response to the above on different forums. I still get a lot out of reading it.

The link on Paul's blog to the "Theses" he is responding to has moved. You can find them HERE 

Read the Answers to the 95 Theses in Order HERE

Over the last few years, I've tended to read more materials from the Reformed community than from dispensationalists. Of course I regularly come across frustrating statements. They tend to be entrenched in their traditional view that the church has replaced Israel, despite often elaborate arguments-statements denying Replacement Theology. This impacts their position on eschatology and hermeneutics (in some cases).

On the other hand I've also spent a good deal of time in dispensational forums. For reasons I won't go into now, I've often found this frustrating as well. Dispensationalists need to pick up their games in a few areas too.

No comments: