Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Doug Wilson on Rachel Held Evans' Passing

Predictably, I've seen some crass comments spun out on the same day RHE died. I'm not going to go into details, though I'm tempted to. I've already expressed my feelings about some "discernment ministries" who are, presumably, the only bastions of truth. I often wonder what would happen if these were pitted against each other - Godzilla v Mothra etc?

Yet some nasty comments have also come from people I know on social media. These types have a scorched earth, take no prisoner mentality. Either you think their way or you're fair game for the most inane conspiratorial reasons. I'll have more to whine about this later...

I appreciated Doug Wilson's article on RHE's passing HERE 

So the best thing we can do in a circumstance like this is to stand by the gospel we profess, walking none of it back, extend genuine condolence to the Evans family, hope for the best with regard to RHE, and put all our disputes, whether weighty or insignificant, into a context of a momentous and everlasting glory and joy. ~ Doug Wilson

No comments: