Thursday, February 14, 2019

Rapture in the Gospels?

Pretribbers are criticized for their belief that Matt 24:31 isn't the rapture, while simultaneously regarding v 36 as being the rapture. It's further noted that they insist Matthew was written to the Jews, especially the Olivet Discourse. I've covered this in the past and won't do so here. See R. Thomas' article.

On the other hand, many non-pretribbers want to make the Olivet Discourse primarily church-focused:
…it is my firm conviction that the Olivet Discourse is written for the church, and that its application is to believers and not to unsaved Israel which, by definition, has no interest whatsoever in the New Testament or its warnings concerning the unbelieving nation of Israel. (The Sign p 487, Revised Edition 1993) 
I find that statement problematic. Anyway, I've been reading Jim McClarty's stuff for a few years now. I may not agree with all he writes but in my opinion he's a clear thinker and deals very well with the texts. In The Rapture and the Gospels he answers a reader's question regarding Matt 24, the rapture and the tribulation. Read it HERE

2 comments:

Pastor Jim said...

It's amazing what one finds when they Google their own name. :-)

I appreciate your comments and for linking to our website, Q&A article, and YouTube vid. Thanks for your fellowship in the gospel. Keep spreading the good news.

Jim Mc.

Alf Cengia said...

Thanks for dropping by and commenting, Pastor Jim. I'll likely post some of your other articles here. Thanks for making the content available.