Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Native Canadian's View of Zionism

I would have thought that Canadian natives would have to sympathize more with the Palestinian people than with Israel - especially when one listens to the misleading narrative coming from Sabeel's Liberation Theology. But this isn't always the case. Thanks to Michael Rydelnik for pointing to this interesting article.

"I am a Métis from Northern Alberta. My father, Mervin Bellerose, co-authored the Métis Settlements Act of 1989, which was passed by the Alberta legislature in 1990 and cemented our land rights. I founded Canadians For Accountability, a native rights advocacy group, and I am an organizer and participant in the Idle No More movement in Calgary. And I am a Zionist. Let me tell you why."... keep reading

No comments: